The ping tool allows you to group hosts; for instance, for identifying different networks.
• Name – group name
• Execute if Alarm ON – run the specified bat file when the Alarm ON event is triggered
• Execute if Alarm OFF – run the specified bat file when the Alarm OFF event is triggered
• Parameters – command line parameters for the bat file to be run
• Generate alarm events for groups – if this option is enabled, ping utility will trigger alarm events for groups depending on the triggering threshold.
• Event triggering threshold in % from the total number of hosts in the group – if the number of non-responding hosts in the group exceeds the specified value, the Alarm ON event will be triggered. The Alarm OFF event will be triggered after the number of non-responding hosts will again become below the specified threshold.
• Sound notification - play a sound file in case of the specified event
• Tray notification - display a message the in tray in case of the specified event
• E-mail notification - send an email notification in case of the specified event
• LAN notification - send a LAN notification in case of the specified event.
To add a host to a group, first select the group in the list and then open the form for adding a new host to the host list. To move hosts between groups, use the "Cut" and "Paste" commands or the "Drag & Drop" function.